DIPLOMA IN HOTEL MANAGEMENT
To provide the graduates with an education and training which will ensure that the have knowledge and technical skills necessary to follow a career in a supervisory capacity (catering and accommodation) industry, in Bangladesh or overseas.
To provide the supervisory and social skills necessary to supervise staff and deal with all customer situations.
To provide the product and operational knowledge that is essential to a supervisor within the catering and accommodation industries.
To equip the students in identifying specific problem and always provide solutions.
To encourage initiative and self reliance in student development.
To appreciate the financial implications of any operation undertaken.
To provide the basic framework and knowledge which will enable the graduate to cope with changes as occur within the industry in the future.
To equip the students with the skills necessary for planning, organising and controlling within the catering and accommodation industry.
OBJECTIVES OF THE COURSE (DIPLOMA)
- On completion of the National Diploma Course the graduates will :
- Be capable of performing effectively in supervisory roles within hotel and catering industry.
- Have the supervisory and social skills to supervise staff and deal with all customer relations.
- Have product and operational knowledge necessary
- to establish and maintain standards of quality
- to optimised the use or resources within the constraints/policies of quality and costs.
- Have skills to attend to all business aspects of the enterprise/organisation.
- Have the skills and confidence to become self employed entrepreneurs after suitable job experience, if so wished.
- Have initiative, self reliance and an adaptable approach to new problems or ideas.
- Have ability to understand the financial operation of an organisation.
RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR DIPLOMA COURSE
|Educational Requirements||:||H.S.C or equivalent|
|Selection||:||Based on written examination and personal interview.|
|Excellent||90 - 100%|
|Very Good||80 - 89%|
|Good||70 - 79%|
|Pass||50 - 69%|
|Admission Fee||:||Tk 2,10,000/- (2 Years)
Payable within 4 installments (Tk 80,000/- + Tk 50,000/- + Tk 40,000/- + Tk 40,000/-).
|Duration||:||Two year full time Diploma.|
OUTLINE SYLLABUS FOR EACH SEMESTER
|Semester-1||01||Front Office Operations|
|(Duration 6-month)||02||Reservation Operations|
|03||Housekeeping & Laundry Operations|
|04||English & Communication Skills|
|06||Travel & Tourism|
|07||Hygiene & First Aid|
|08||Culture & Heritage of Bangladesh|
|Semester-2||01||Cookery Theory & Demonstration|
|(Duration 6-month)||02||Cookery Practical|
|03||Food & Beverage Service Theory|
|04||Food & Beverage Service Practical|
|05||Bar & Beverages|
|06||Pastry Theory & Demonstration|
|08||Commodities & Menu Planning|
|10||English & Communications Skills|
|Semester- 3||01||Applied F & B Supervisory Management Studies|
|(Duration 6-month)||02||Food Costing & Book Keeping|
|03||Hotel & Catering Accounting|
|04||Applied Accommodation Service Supervisory Studies|
|05||General Principles of Supervisory Studies|
|08||Marketing & Sales|
|10||English & Communication Skill|
|Semester- 4||01||Industrial attachment|
INDUSTRIAL ATTACHMENT COMPONENT
Duration: 8 months
The objective of this essential course components are:
To provide an appreciation of applied skills and knowledge in the five main disciplines of Food & Beverage Production, Food & Beverage Service, Reception/ Front Office and Housekeeping operations, Bakery and Pastry preparation.
To develop craft skill in a working environment, this blends quality production with quality output.
To understand supervisory management seasoning, operating in a working environment, often under pressure.